Comfast CF-EW71 Repeater Setup – A Comprehensive Guide
With a powerful amplifier and two omnidirectional antennas, the CF-EW71 repeater by Comfast is an advanced solution to enjoy 360-degree WiFi coverage in the house. Comfast CF-EW71 can handle 50+ devices at a time assuring a stable and lag-free internet experience. What makes this repeater more demanding is its tendency to work in different environmental conditions. However, to harness all these amazing features of the device, you need to do Comfast CF-EW71 repeater setup first.
This blog will shed light on the steps to set up a Comfast CF-EW71 WiFi repeater. So, read on. But, before that, know what is essential to install the Comfast repeater.
Comfast CF-EW71 Repeater Setup – Prerequisites
Given below is a list of requirements that you need to fulfill to get your Comfast CF-EW71 repeater installed:
- A power socket to switch on your Comfast device
- An already installed host router (AP)
- An Ethernet cable to connect your devices
- The default password of the Comfast CF-EW71 wireless repeater
- Comfast repeater default IP address
- A web browser to access the Comfast CF-EW71 repeater setup wizard
- A computer or laptop
Now, let’s make you acquainted with the steps to set up your Comfast CF-EW71 repeater. Make sure you execute every step with utmost care. It will prevent you from running into technical issues during the setup process.
Steps to Do Comfast CF-EW71 Repeater Setup
- Start the setup process by unboxing your brand new Comfast CF-EW71 repeater. Along with the unit, you’ll also find a power adapter, a user manual, and stainless ties. Ensure that none of the accessories get damaged while unboxing.
- Now, let’s talk about the repeater’s placement. So, consider placing your WiFi repeater in the room where your router is placed. Also, keep in mind to place your Comfast CF-EW71 repeater away from reflexive surfaces, metal objects, devices emitting electromagnetic waves, and objects with a large amount of water.
- Time to power up your Comfast CF-EW71 repeater! So, plug it into a wall socket and press the Power button. See to it that the power socket is offering a continuous power supply to your repeater.
- Pick an Ethernet cable and use it to connect your Comfast CF-EW71 repeater and the host router. Avoid making a loose connection as it might lead you to Comfast CF-EW71 repeater setup issues. However, if you are not in the favor of using an Ethernet cable, you can take the help of a wireless source.
- Now, switch on your PC and load your favorite internet browser. But, be sure that your favorite web browser is running on the latest software version and is secure. FYI, you can choose any web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, etc.
- Take the mouse cursor to the address bar and click there. Thence, type the default IP address of your Comfast CF-EW71 repeater. Press the Enter key.
- Pressing Enter key will take you to a login screen where you have to enter the default Comfast CF-EW71 repeater password. In addition, you will be prompted to fill in other details. So, do the needful and log in to your Comfast repeater.
- The moment you get logged in, the Comfast CF-EW71 repeater setup dashboard will welcome you. Here, you have to select the operating mode of your Comfast wireless repeater. Once you select it, you will see a number of instructions appearing on the screen. So, read them carefully and complete setting up your Comfast CF-EW71 repeater.
That’s it! You’ve successfully completed the Comfast CF-EW71 repeater setup process. However, if you are unable to get the desired results, give a read to the next section and know which important factor you might have missed during the installation.
Comfast CF-EW71 Repeater Setup- Checkpoints
- Always use a well-working Ethernet cable for connecting your WiFi devices during the Comfast repeater setup process. Using a damaged Ethernet cable might affect the direct communication between devices.
- You won’t be able to get success with the installation process without reaching the Comfast CF-EW71 repeater setup dashboard. And, that won’t be accessible if the default password entered by you is incorrect. So, always use the correct password of your WiFi repeater.
- The instructions appearing on the dashboard are the most important part of the repeater setup process. So, do not commit the mistake of skipping any instruction after selecting the repeater’s operating mode.
Doing Comfast CF-EW71 repeater setup is not rocket science if you follow the correct procedure. We hope that the steps and checkpoints discussed in this post will help you get your repeater installed. In case you are still feeling stuck somewhere, do not hesitate to contact our well-versed experts.